It’s been ages since last time I posted a recipe here! The other night I was looking for some healthy food inspiration on Pinterest, when I came across various delicious pasta dishes that inspired me to use some of the vegetables I like the most. For this light vegetarian ravioli recipe, I combined gorgeous long ribbons of zucchini with mushroom-stuffed ravioli and a side of fresh spinach flavored with salt and garlic. It was so tasty and easy to make! Next time I’ll make sure to cook it with whole wheat pasta to get even more protein and fiber.
Give it a try!
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 pound fresh mushroom ravioli
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 20 asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup fresh broccoli cuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 16-ounce bag whole-leaf spinach
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Prepare the ingredients. Finely chop a small onion and slice some mushrooms.
2. Slice “ribbon-thin” zucchini lengthwise with a vegetable peeler, and cut asparagus into small pieces.
3. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the ravioli according to package directions and broccoli until is crisp-tender. Drain well in colander and set aside.
4. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, asparagus, onion, mushroom and zucchini until they are tender. In another skillet, cook spinach until it has thawed, wilted and heated through, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
5. Once ingredients are cooked, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and add garlic. Cook, stirring until fragrant, about 40 seconds. Add spinach and stir until everything is mixed.
6. Add cooked ravioli to vegetables, cook until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper and italian seasoning.
7. Sprinkle individual servings with 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. Serve with French bread and two slices of tomato, and get ready to enjoy this perfect vegetarian pasta recipe!
The flavors of Italy are best expressed in simplicity: a dash of spices, a little oil, fresh pasta and vegetables; and dinner’s on the table in minutes!