On a chilly but beautiful afternoon, my ladies and I went to take a coffee to one of the nicest coffee shops of my Spanish hometown. It was a very cozy place, packed with incredible decoration details that I just couldn’t stop looking at. The one that caught my attention the most (besides the huge American flag that was hanging on the wall) was the big letters displayed at the back of the shop, and the message printed in every cup of coffee. PETITS GRANS MOMENTS – “little big moments” in Catalan.
That got me thinking, once again, that life is all about the little details. The simple pleasures throughout the day is what fills us with bliss and joy, and what hold us together. Even though my life is far from being perfect, there are so many things that I love about my days. So I grabbed a notebook, lay down in bed and began to write some of them down. These are the first 10 I came up with, but the list is endless. What a great exercise to take a moment to think how sweet my life is.
1. Wake up to a hot cup of coffee with french vanilla cream
2. Laugh at Ryan Seacrest jokes, contemplate the palms and get lost on my thoughts on my commute to work
3. Feel like it is still/already summer in California
4. Taking my camera out on my weekend adventures
5. Play catch at the beach at dusk
6. Laugh out loud with Dan after a simple comment that no one else would find funny
7. Receive a hand-written postcard from somebody I love
8. The look on Dan’s face every time I cook Spanish Omelette for him
9. Listen to the seals singing at the Marina
10. Send my family funny/goofy messages throughout the day
These are just a few of the things that make me smile. The list goes on and on. Anything to add? 🙂
Have a great day!